About Me §
malware-filter: A collection of blocklists:
botnet-filter: A set of blocklists to restrict botnet IPs used as command and control (C2) servers. Based on Feodo Tracker. Recommend to use the upstream blocklist whenever possible, it has much more frequent update (every 5 minutes).
splunk-malware-filter: A Splunk add-on for update malware-filter lookups.
splunk-scripts: Miscellaneous python scripts for Splunk.
aws-scripts: Security-related python scripts for AWS.
(Inactive) Core contributor of Hexo, a Nodejs-powered static site generator. (This site is created using Hexo)
hexo-yam: Yet Another Minifier plugin for Hexo. Minify and compress HTML, JS, CSS and SVG. XML, JSON, etc. Support gzip and brotli compressions.
mdleom.com is served from two identical VMs hosted in a cloud provider. The VMs are using NixOS and Caddy web server. The web server functions as a file server to serve static website. Each VM has cloudflared to connect the web server to Cloudflare CDN using an outbound tunnel. Each cloudflared instance acts as a replica that connects to the same tunnel to provide failover.
The web server is able to failover to mirrors (Cloudflare Pages, Netlify, GitLab Pages and GitHub Pages). Blog content is deployed from a GitLab repository which hosts the source. The source is compiled to static site using Hexo. The repo also hosts images and attachments; images are resized on-the-fly using Statically.
More details are available in the following series of posts:
- Part 1: Install NixOS
- Part 2: Configure NixOS
- Part 3: Configure Caddy
- Part 4: Setup Tor hidden service
- Part 5: Configure I2P
- Setup Cloudflare Argo Tunnel in NixOS
- Nitter: A free and open source lightweight alternative Twitter front-end focused on privacy.
- Teddit: A free and open source alternative Reddit front-end focused on privacy.
- Lingva: An alternative front-end for Google Translate. Retrieves the translation without using any Google-related service.
- Wikiless: A free open source alternative Wikipedia front-end focused on privacy.
- Scribe: Alternative front-end to Medium.com
- [LibMedium]: Privacy-focused proxy for medium.com
- Rimgo: An alternative frontend for Imgur. Images and albums can be viewed without wasting resources from downloading and running tracking scripts.
- Leom, MD, Deegan, G, Martini, B & Boland, J 2021, ‘Information disclosure in mobile device: examining the influence of information relevance and recipient’, HICSS, pp. 4632-4640. PDF
- Leom, MD 2020, ‘User privacy preservation on mobile devices: investigating the role of contextual integrity’, PhD thesis, University of South Australia. PDF
- Leom, MD, Choo, K-KR & Hunt, R 2016, ‘Remote wiping and secure deletion on mobile devices: a review’, Journal of Forensic Sciences, pp. 1-20, doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.13203. Postprint
- Leom, MD 2015, ‘Remote wiping in Android’, MSc thesis, University of South Australia. PDF
- Leom, MD, D’orazio, CJ, Deegan, G & Choo, K-KR 2015, ‘Forensic collection and analysis of thumbnails in Android’, Trustcom/BigDataSE/ISPA, IEEE, pp. 1059-66, doi: 10.1109/Trustcom.2015.483. Postprint